Do you often need to call German, Austrian or Swiss customers or business partners?
Make phone calls in German with confidence!
In the course Business German – Telephone Skills we will specifically pay attention to making phone calls in German. After this course you will:
- know useful phrases for telephoning
- know how to answer the phone adequately, make calls yourself, be put through to the correct extension and leave a message in German
- be able to make small talk and have a command of the telephone alphabet in order to spell easily and efficiently.
- be able to state the purpose of your call concisely.
- be able to make, cancel and postpone appointments
- be able to place orders, carry them out and communicate delivery times
In this course
we will work with Geschäftskommunikation – besser telefonieren by A. Hering and M. Matussek or with Erfolgreich am Telefon und bei Gesprächen im Büro van V. Eismann. We will work with material from your own work situation. The starting level depends on your current knowledge (see article about the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages). The time investment (self-study and homework) in addition to the classes is about half an hour a day. You will receive a TaalKrachtig folder with supplementary material, if necessary.
Business German – Telephone Skills
is for everybody who has telephone contact at work with German-speaking customers or business partners. A basic knowledge of German is required. You can take the course individually or in a group. The classes will take place online or at IJsselstraat 37 in Utrecht (alternative location if desired by mutual agreement). The course is offered in packages of several lessons and takes as long as you want.
Please contact me and make an appointment for a free intake meeting.