Do you often need to call English-speaking customers or business partners?
Make phone calls in English with self-confidence!
In the course Business English – telephone skills we will specifically pay attention to making phone calls in English. After this course you will:
- know useful phrases for telephoning
- know how to answer the phone adequately, make calls yourself, be put through to the correct extension and leave a message in English
- be able to make small talk and have a command of the telephone alphabet in order to spell correctly and efficiently
- be able to state the purpose of your call concisely
- be able to make, cancel and postpone appointments
- be able to place orders, carry them out and communicate delivery times.
In this course
we will work with Telephoning in English by B. Naterop en R. Revell. Furthermore, we will work with material from your own work situation. The starting level depends on your current knowledge (see article about the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages). The time investment (self-study and homework) in addition to the classes is about half an hour a day. You will receive a TaalKrachtig folder with supplementary material, if necessary.
Business English – telephone skills
is for everybody who has telephone contact at work with English-speaking customers or business partners. A basic knowledge of English is required. You can take the course individually or in a group. The classes will take place online or at IJsselstraat 37 in Utrecht (alternative location if so desired by mutual agreement). The course is offered in packages of several lessons and takes as long as you want.
A class is € 90.00 per hour (per person, excluding VAT and class material). You need to buy a lesson package in advance. The more hours you buy, the less you pay, e.g. 10 x 1 hour (€ 855.00 i.e. 5% discount), 10 x 1.5 hours (€ 1,215.00 i.e. 10% discount) or 10 x 2 hours (€ 1,530.00 i.e. 15% discount). Classes in the evenings cost an additional € 10 per hour. Prices for more than one person are available on request.
Please contact me and make an appointment for a free intake meeting.